Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Circuit Design Progress

Date: 5.10.17
Location: Logan HS
Time: 2 hours
Goal: Design and test the delay circuit and linear actuator circuits.
Students: Grant and Ben

We need a delay circuit for the grinder operation. We would like about a 2 second delay between when the grinder is turned on to when the operator begins to use it. This is to allow the operator to get both hands safely on the grinder. We are using a 555 timer in the circuit and used the RC time constant formula to help calculate the necessary components.

In the video below you will see when the two wires are connected (simulating a switch on the grinder) a LED will light up appoximately 2-3 seconds after the circuit is closed. This will give us the delay



The control circuit for the linear actuator has been bench tested. What you will see in the video (if you look at the multimeter to the left side of the frame) is the voltage changing as the switch is depressed. This indicates the switch we are using works and the multimeter takes the place of the linear actuator to show a voltage is sent to it. The switch also has a built in LED.



3 comments:

  1. play food games

    basketball free game
    soccer games 2019

    I'm fond of your sharing. To me, they are useful tips. I learn lessons from your articles. I love to read posts and find new good pieces of advice. I can make use of them when I'm in trouble. Thank you for uploading posts. I wait for next a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an okay article. You make this data intriguing and locks in. You give perusers a considerable measure to consider and I value that sort of composing friv free online juegos
    2player games for kids
    io jogos 2019

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to read your posts very much. They are so awesome. The articles contain plenty of knowledge and information. They are pieces of advice so that I can solve some problems. Would you mind uploading more posts?
    free online games 2019
    jogos friv
    jogos 360 games

    ReplyDelete